Travel, fashion, lifestyle and inspirational photography, Trip+ is pleased to welcome blogger Abi Marvel who, in this post, shares her experiences of a magical trip to smartcouponstore.com the Moroccan city of Marrakech.
- Well firstly, the word Jemaa actually means Friday, so definitely try and visit on this day as you’ll find a better choice of items, and an immense amount of open food stalls which means you’ll get to try some incredible ethnic delicacies.
- In this part of the city, everything is organically sourced, and you will constantly see heaps of vegetables everywhere because of this. Go a little crazy with the food shopping, then find out how good your Moroccan cooking can be.
- Don’t be scared to buy some of your basics from this market; anything from toothpaste to tissues. You’ll find them all here and they’ll be priced a lot lower than you are used to.
- A tip I was given whilst there was to never say ‘Wow, this is really cheap!’ As it’s a market, they can change their prices whenever and however they like, so it’s best to just admire the great prices with a simple smile.
- Finally: explore! You’ll find the people of this market are a lot more relaxed and open, so really try and find out more about local things and the best dishes to try and places to see – just be sure to be firm. If you’re not interested in something, the local people can be pretty persistent so be sure to make use of a rigid stare to accompany your “no thank you”.